Immersive Summer STEM Program
Emagination’s summer STEM camp for teens is immersive. It is designed to advance technical skills, encourage teamwork and teach first-hand how video games are created. The experience at Emagination also helps teens discover and refine their longer term goals and interests. The program is intensive but really fun and everyone develops friendships as they work on teams with like-minded teens.
Tuition covers 13 days and 12 nights inclusive of instruction, recreation, supervision, room, meals, speakers and studio tour. Tuition also includes the weekend between weeks. Compare the tuition & program at Emagination with other game design summer camps (hint — it’s a much better value).
Refer a Friend and save $50.
Sponsored by Emagination Tech Camps
Celebrating its 13th summer, Emagination’s game design camp for teens is sponsored and operated by Emagination Tech Camps, a leader in technology education since 1982. Emagination’s mission is to educate, entertain and help develop healthy kids & teens.
Emagination Tech Camps operates summer technology camps for children ages 8-17 on campuses near Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia and in Fairfield, Connecticut.
The Benefits of Emagination Game Design Academy for Teens
- Summer STEM learning experience on a college campus
- Teens experience what it’s like to work in the digital entertainment industry
- Teens learn industry standard software and gain a foundation of both technical and creative skills
- By playing a role on the development team, each teen accepts responsibility for part of the game and, during development, learns about teamwork and the importance of meeting milestones and deadlines
- Teens gain public speaking skills as they present their game to a panel of game industry experts.
- Exposure to top video game industry executives and experts
- Teens see the pros in action on a tour a local game development company.
- A valuable introduction to creating entertainment products
- An Emagination Diploma
- New friendships and an unforgettable teen summer camp experience
Who are the Instructors?
Instructors are typically graduate and undergraduate students completing a degree in video game design, digital media or computer science. There are an average seven participants per instructor. Instructors are the Lead Designers on the Development Team. Teaching is augmented by guest speakers from game studios.
How are Instructors hired?
The hiring process involves detailed applications and interviews with Emagination executives, reference checks, background checks and pre-camp on-campus training.
Supervision and Healthcare
Students are supervised by Emagination Instructors and staff members. They live in a dorm room with a roommate. Instructors live in the dorm with students and students may not leave campus on their own for the duration of the program. Certain staff members are trained in CPR/First Aid and are available to assist with medication administration and minor medical issues. There is a hospital nearby for emergencies.
The Rick Goodman Scholarship Program
Emagination is pleased to offer the Rick Goodman Scholarship Program. This program was created to honor Rick’s innumerable accomplishments in the video game industry as well as his contributions to the development of Emagination Game Design.
A select number of partial tuition scholarships will be granted to applicants based upon financial need and demonstrated interest in video game design and development. Students interested in applying for the scholarships may email Camp@Emagination.com for application instructions.
Email us at Camp@Emagination.com or call 877.248.0206.