Dear Emagination Family,
We hope you and your loved ones are safe and healthy during this difficult time.
We’ve been heartened to hear from many of you about how your children are looking forward to camp this summer and we also know many of you are wondering what impact COVID-19 will have on camp. Believe us when we say – Us too!
The truth is, there are just some things we do not know yet. We are awaiting camp specific guidelines from the American Camp Association and the CDC along with decisions from state and local officials and host campuses which we expect to receive in May. Our team will reevaluate in early June and solidify plans based on the most currently available guidelines and regulations.
We have been faced with some profoundly difficult choices and there is a lot still to be decided. In this time of uncertainty, there are some things that we do know for sure….
- Our team is committed to our campers and as always, their health and safety remains our top priority.
- We believe in our program and the community of campers it has brought together and plan to be here, for your camper, for years to come.
- We are committed to provide a virtual camp program if we are not able to host in-person camp.
- And, after weeks of social distancing – We cannot imagine a summer where camp has been more important.
While we await word from the officials please find some frequently asked questions and answers we are getting from parents:
1. Do you anticipate your programs to be interrupted?
As of now, all of our host campuses expect to be open for the summer with the exception of our Georgia location at Mercer University. Should a change occur, and we need to postpone your camp session, we will notify you with as much warning as possible.
2. What are you doing to ensure the health of campers and staff?
While camp will certainly look different than past years, we are confident in our ability to provide campers a safe experience full of fun and learning. In preparation, we’re working on a variety of camp modifications with health and safety in mind and are ready to adapt to changes once summer camp regulations are made available.
- Regularly disinfecting spaces, wiping down keyboards, doorknobs and commonly touched areas.
- Confirm with families at check-in that their camper is in good health and that they or anyone in their family has not had flu-like symptoms in the past 14 days.
- Promote frequent and thorough handwashing using the :20 soap and warm water technique; make hand sanitizer widely available.
- Staff reiterating good sneezing and coughing etiquette.
- If staff or campers have a temperature of 100 degrees or greater or other relevant symptoms upon arrival, they will not be admitted. If a member of our camp community develops symptoms while at camp, they will be immediately isolated while waiting to go home.
3. My child is currently registered. What happens if their session gets postponed?
If we are forced to delay any of our session dates, you will have the following options: 1) attend an alternate date or location this season that is operating; or 2) receive a Full Camp Credit Voucher for your amount paid. This voucher is transferable and can be used at any Emagination location and never expires.
4. What happens if the camp season is postponed to 2021?
Any camp tuition paid for this year is good forever. Should camp be postponed, families will receive a Full Camp Credit Voucher for your amount paid. This voucher is transferrable and can be used at any Emagination location and never expires. Regrettably, we are unable to give cash refunds at this time.
Emagination is committed to our campers and in addition to a tuition credit, registered campers will be able to participate in a virtual camp experience this summer, (valued at $450) at no cost to our registered families. Classes will include live instruction with the same Emagination Instructors that campers have come to love along with social activities in the evening including Trivia games, Minecraft, PA Rec Night and more.
Registration will first be available to currently enrolled families, but we will also open up the registration to the general public later this month so please share the news with your friends who will also love to keep learning, coding, and growing this summer.
5. What is your cancellation policy?
If you cancel more than 14 days before the start of your session, you will receive a Full Camp Credit Voucher that is transferrable to friends or family and never expires. Respectfully no credits will be issued if you cancel within 14 days of your start date.
6. When do you anticipate having updated information?
Decisions and timeline may vary by state. As we wait for news regarding final regulations and whether our college and university campuses will open for the summer, we remain hard at work behind the scenes with one goal: to provide our campers with the best Emagination Tech Camp experience possible! We expect to make an announcement around June 1st outlining exactly what this year’s camp program will look like.
7. Do you offer Virtual Summer Camp?
Yes, in the event we are unable to host on-campus programs we will transition to a virtual camp experience this summer. Classes will include live instruction with the same Emagination Instructors that campers have come to love along with social activities in the evening including Trivia games, Minecraft, PA Rec Night and more.
LEARN. THRIVE. BE THE FUTURE.